Obviously, when someone, who is a serious, qualified, potential, home buyer, begins his search, for the home of his dreams and needs, he starts, by looking at the strengths and weaknesses, of houses, which he can, both, afford, and serve his needs and priorities. However, there are other considerations, in addition to, the property, house, condition, and features, which are also important, and relevant, to consider. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly discuss, and examine, 5 perceived needs, of potential home buyers (beyond, merely, the features, etc, of the house, itself.
1. Neighborhood: Since you will be living in a specific area/ neighborhood, it’s important to learn, upfront, if it’s a place, you will enjoy living! Take the time, to walk around the neighborhood, speak to some of the neighbors (if possible), evaluate the conveniences, of the area, as they relate to your needs, and priorities, etc. Even if you find, the home of your dreams, if you don’t end up, enjoying, the area, you won’t enjoy living there!
2. Safety: How important is safety, to you, and your family? This issue contains two key components, actual, and perceived safety! Check crime records and reports, and, even, speak to the local police department, to be sure you’ll be secure! Ask the neighbors about crime, etc!
3. Schools: What are the present, and, probable, future needs, of your family, in terms of the quality, etc, of the local public schools? While a real estate agent, might be, the source of where to obtain the information, they should not, ethically and/ or legally, make a definitive statement! Check the publicly available information, and data, to determine, whether your local school, is one, you would want your children, to attend.
4. Transportation: Don’t forget to consider your present, as well as, potential, transportation needs! If you will need to commute to work, how convenient is mass transportation, and how long, will that daily trip, take, as well as the costs? Are you conveniently located to roads, which you might wish to utilize, on a regular basis?
5. Convenience: How conveniently located, is this property, in terms of services, etc, you use often? This should include, how easily, you might get to stores, grocery shopping, drug stores, etc. If religion is important to you, how will you get to your selected, House of Worship? Also consider the location of necessities, such as banking, gas stations and service, etc.
When you decide to buy a house, consider, not only the house, itself, but whether, these five needs, are satisfied, as satisfactory. Since, for most, their home is their single – largest, financial asset, doesn’t that make sense?